Monday, April 8, 2013

Goodness and Godliness

Reading the scriptures rearranges my thinking.  They always prompt me to reconsider my conclusions.  The scriptures, apparently, confuse me and drive me to find answers.  They exert a profound effect.   As I read them Sunday, I wondered if that was the purpose of the scriptures, at least in part - to temper conclusions and perturb thoughts.  We are commanded to "ponder" the scriptures. 

This weekend my attention was centered on Who God is, and the number of Gods running the Universe.  I suspect this revelation will have readers reconsidering my views, sanity, and even my Christianity.  Make no mistake, I believe in the Christian God.  Moreover, I believe in the God(s) named and referenced in scriptures other than the Bible.  I've read and continue to read, the Book of Enoch, the Nag Hammadi, the Book of Mormon, Septuagint, and any scripture I can locate that references the Gods of the Old Testament and Jesus Christ.  I am not afraid of confronting gospels rejected by the Council of Nicaea.  I admire those men, but strongly suspect personal and immediate needs and wants impacted their decision making.  They likely also sought to avoid conflict, condemnation and  issue a group of gospels that worked to advance the agenda they favored.  Unification demands absolutes.  The Council provided absolutes.  The Council were no different than men of today who seek to profit from their labors.  They must. 

In retrospect, it is easy to make comments like mine and suggest they might have tiered the scriptures and encouraged people to Ponder them all.  The Council had their detractors and other interests that wanted an outcome different than the Council's.  The Gnostics, for example, thought each person should form a unique and personal religion - no need for an organized group.  The group provides numerous benefits not available to the single person.  But this post is more concerned with learning about the Gods - their personal relationships, and their domains.  We will discuss these over several posts.

I am a man of little faith.  I rely upon the Hope quotient.  I can Hope, concordantly, I have faith.  I function well when I possess material evidence of God, or possess an ability to extrapolate evidence.  Upon these premises, are the postulates proposed based. 

God's God:  There is a supreme being - one that existed before any matter or assembly of matter, detectable by lesser Gods or man, was found.  I find no record of this entity having a spouse.  It may be impossible in the context presented.

God of the Old Testament, Elohim.  This entity is a perfected being - similar in form to man.  This God has met with man and advised man - 10 commandments/others.  Man was created in Elohim's image.  Is man's image accurate?  We do know man is flesh, while Elohim enjoys a perfected physical form.  The ability of known matter to resemble God's form is dubious/unknown.  Elohim has a spouse - Sophia.  Do Elohim and his wife procreate as man procreates?  Does perfected/unknown matter behave similar to the known elements?  What processes does a perfected, eternal, form follow? 

Evidence suggests Elohim created eternal offspring - angels.  The two states of matter are incompatible, or share a dominant relationship.  The eternal state is capable of interacting with the human form, but the reverse is not possible.  Man must be translated to endure God's presence.  However, the Watchers - God's fallen angels, bred with human women.  That union created giant offspring - they enjoyed a superior stature and intellect.  These offspring were eliminated by God.  God sentenced the Watchers to an eternal and damnable state.  While residing and interacting with man, the Watchers instructed man in temporal improvements - ex. metallurgy - and in matters of spiritual/physical interactions: occult, sorcery, etc..  Noah, (or Noe) flood eliminated the offspring of Watchers.  I have not found if the flood additionally washed away what was taught to man.  Noah's offspring who shared the ark voyage, may, or may not, have known what the Watcher's taught.

Evidence suggest Elohim controls a finite domain.  The extent of that domain is nebulous, somewhat implied, and somewhat denied.  The Bible reads in several translations that Gods - plural - created the earth, and man.  Elohim and Sophia? Elohim and his peers?  WHO were the God(s) referenced in the Old Testament?  What strengths/abilities did they possess, and/or add to the creation processes?  Elohim's "work" may have required their assistance, or unity, provided by others - peer Gods, God's offspring, God's wife, other.

Evidence thus learned portrays Elohim controlling our solar system?  Does Elohim control more - our galaxy?  Universe?  We know Elohim's Chosen offspring - Christ - will eventually inherit and control this earth.  Mormon doctrines reads men who live righteous lives will live with Christ on the earth and procreate (if they perform the eternal marriage rites) - Celestial Kingdom.  Men who are less righteous will inherit lesser "kingdoms" (remedial training to attain the perfected state in my view). Lesser men are directed to reside in the Terrestrial Kingdom.  The least righteous men will go to the Telestial domain. 

Between the Great I am and Elohim are other eternal beings.  These are not referenced in absolute terms, and their purpose/relationship with Elohim and the Great I am is not clearly expressed.  Are these God an absolute peer of Elohim?  Do these Gods reside in differential states  - some more advanced than another?  What are the qualifications to attain Elohim's status?  What are the limitations of that state?  Are there strata for Godly development and advancement? Do these God's control solar systems? Galaxies? Other?  What else did they create and where is it?

God's limits are not expressed in absolute terms, save for his omnipotence and desire to be loved and respected.  Love of God occupies the first three positions in the 10 Commandments.  Is there a reasoning that can accurately be derived from these three Commandments and their placement?  Is something specifically expressed?  In what capacities can God's actions be interpreted and compared to Man's?  I can see a multitude of reason for these first three.  Eternity is a very long time; long enough to grow lonesome and needy for attention.  Does God's body ache for contact?  We do know God is not immune to emotions.  God's wrath is referenced often; so is God's love and satisfaction.  Ergo, if God is susceptible to emotional outbreaks, should we conclude the entire pallet of emotions are shared with our God?  If yes, God can become lonesome.  This conclusion helps me want to express my love of my maker more often.  I will do that.

I want to learn is Elohim and his peers conform to the thesis that suggests they are advanced beings.  Obviously they possess a superior intellect.  However, their commandments and inferences suggest they know of the downsides that arise from certain behaviors in certain relationships.  From what were God's commandments drawn?  I hold that as God's son, I share much with my father.  I further assert God's behaviors towards his children are similar to my own.  This is what has helped me reconcile my relation with God, when life has delivered a hurtful circumstance.  The death of my children's mother was exemplary.  How could God deny her and our children their due.  It also prompted me to learn quantum physics to resolve - or better understand eternal life and what defines our eternal components - our spirit/soul.  I did reach a reasonable answer.  This will be discussed soon.  I'll also post a primer on that topic alongside this post - Quantum Consciousness. 

I must end this post to pay the bills.  I love you Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment